Friday, March 03, 2006

Passing on a meme....

I've kind of been putting this off for a while now. I've been memed by Josh, and this is the first time that I've had a lot of time to search for pictures to use in it. Here's what this particular meme is asking for:

The person who's been memed thinks of 3-5 movies that make them weep. Like really weep. Then that person goes to Google images and finds a pic from the movie that doesn't totally give it away, and paste the image into his/her blog. Then, the memed one highlights the pic and creates a link to the movie's IMDB page (that way, if someone doesn't know what movie the pic is from, they can click on the picture and it'll take them to IMDB so they can find out!). The final step is that the memed becomes the memer.

I'm modifying this a bit. Instead of limiting it to movies, I'm including pictures from episodes of TV shows that have made me cry. There are a couple reasons for this. One, I don't want to copy other people's movies that they've already used. Two, I tend to be much more invested in the characters on longer-running TV shows than I am in movies. Three, I've seen some sad movies recently, but none of them have made me cry. I just haven't been able to recently for some reason. I'm also not linking these to the IMDB pages. I'll have people make guesses for them and then tell them if they're right. (The TV episodes should be really easy for Karen, especially, since we both have the same fondness for a show in particular.)

I only have three pictures for this. I wanted to include more, but it's damn near impossible to find images from the soap episodes that have made me really cry.

I guess I have to pass this meme on to some people. Since there are only two people whose blogs I link to that actually know they're linked on my blog, this meme goes to:

Karen

Steve

So, on with the pictures....

1.) Even though I am not a huge fan of this movie, it did still make me cry.....


2.) TV show episode #1: I don't know how anyone couldn't cry during this episode....


3.) TV episode #2: Same show, different episode....

OK, have fun with this! :)

3 comments:

Steve said...

Well, I get the movie and the show, but I'm not sure which episodes. Hmm.

Anonymous said...

Ah crap, you want actual episode names? OK, ok, let's see :)

The bottom one HAS to be The Body. (I haven't watched season 5 in FOREVER, but that looks like season 5 Buffyhair and there's Tara and they're in a hospital. Definitely The Body.)

Ok, now the Spike one ... this has to be one of the later ones. Ok, this is an awful guess, but I'm basing it on eps that made ME sad - The Gift? Spike is both beat up and crying in that one.

If I'm wrong, don't tell me what they are, just tell me I'm wrong :)

John said...

Good job, Karen! :) You got them both, as I figured you would.