Wednesday, February 08, 2006

One Down, One to Go

This time I got significantly better results of my candidacy exam. I passed one section and failed the other. I'm just glad I got one of them down. You can't imagine how much relief I feel now!

The section I passed was the dynamics section. Dr. Shirer said I did significantly better on that section than I did last time, so that was good news to hear. I still have to retake the physics, which I'm not thrilled about, but I'm happy nonetheless!

Now I'm heading home and relaxing for the rest of the night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yaaaaaaaaay :) Everyone knew you could do it!

John said...

Yeah, Karen, everyone but me. :) I still have to take the physical side, though. :( I hate RadTran!! But, I'll just have to suck it up and get through it. Although, I won't start studying until after Hawaii. ;)

Thanks to you Josh, as well. I'm just thrilled that one section is finally done. :)

Steve said...

We all believe in you John. You did a great job! Congratulations! Now when you prepare for the physics, you can focus solely on that and then you'll knock it out of the park. I can already picture it. Can't you?

John said...

Steve, I can't really picture it yet, but that's because I have so much on my plate in the near future. I have to prepare a poster in the next week for the conference I'm going to. So, that's foremost on my mind. Of course, it is in Hawaii, so I have some excellent motivation to get it done. :) I still am glad, though, that one section is over now. It hasn't completely sunk in yet, but I still have a little bit of the natural high from it. :)