Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Crunch Time

I'm supposed to have a conference call with Ray and the rest of the group that's working on the NASA IDS project on the carbon cycle along continental shelf regions. I think I'm going to skip it though. There are a couple reasons for this.

One, I haven't really done much work since the last conference call a month ago. That's only because life intervened with the myriad of medical testing I needed to go through to prove that I'm, for the most part, healthy. I had an MRI, a cancer test on my eye, and some blood tests all within the span of a month. That drains a person. In fact, I went to bed at 10:30 last night because I was just exhausted, probably from the stress of all this medical crap. Anyway, I feel bad not being able to get much work done, but it's hard to be productive when so many things are on my mind. I know Ray's probably not going to be very happy about this, but I can't do anything about it. He's just going to have to deal with it. I'm not going to get very much work done this month due to finals and studying for the candidacy exam. I know he won't be thrilled about that either, but if he wants me to stick around, again, he'll just have to deal with it.

The other reason I'm probably not going to the conference call tomorrow is that it's crunch time here. I have a lab report due on Thursday, and I'm only half done with the first draft. After I finish the first draft, I let it sit for a while, and edit the hell out of it later.

Besides those reasons, I have therapy tomorrow afternoon at 2:00, so I always have to leave the conference call early just so I have time to walk to my therapist and have enough time to relax before she calls me up.

So, anyway, I just needed to vent a little. I really do feel bad not getting anything done research-wise lately, but life had to throw me a curve ball. On that note, I'm off to bed, because I'm exhausted once again.

No comments: