Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Test Results Part IV

Yes, I'm creating another post about test results. Yesterday I went to the doctor for a recheck on my headaches and to go over the results of my MRI face-to-face. He also wanted me to get blood drawn for a cholesterol test because my MRI showed two vessels that were hardened in the white matter of my brain. Then I told him about my shaking hands (which were really bad over Thanksgiving), so he ordered a thyroid test, too, in case the tremors were due to low thyroid rather than the anti-depressants I've been taking.

I called Ritenour this morning to get my results, and they actually had them done, which I think it quite shocking. Anyway, my cholesterol is good. It's at 186, which is in a healthy range. It should be less than 200, so I'm happy. My good cholesterol and bad cholesterol, therefore, are also in good ranges. My thyroid test turned out to be normal as well. Overall, I guess I would say I'm normal. At least healthwise, anyway. In other ways, not so much.

I think this will be it for the tests, though. That's a good thing, because I'm sick of having nearly everything tested just to be on the safe side. And I still don't know anything about my headaches except that they're from tension. I don't know why. I don't have any tension in my life. (Can you sense the sarcasm??) I am glad, though, that I'm done being a lab rat.

I have other things to say, but none of them really fit under this title, so they'll have to wait. I'm just relieved that everything is turning out ok. Now I can maybe be able to focus a bit better on stuff that I should be doing without having any medical stuff hanging over my head.

1 comment:

Steve said...

That's great news!