Tuesday, April 11, 2006

More randomness

It seems like lately all I've been having is random thoughts. I don't know why I want to share them in my blog, but I do. So here are some more.

- I keep forgetting Easter is this Sunday. One of my students today came up at the end of lab and told me to enjoy my holiday weekend and I think I must have looked funny or dazed or something. Then he said something about Easter, so that helped me to remember. I hardly consider it a holiday anymore, mainly because I can't go home for it. And the fact that we don't even get Good Friday off here. So, it just comes and goes, and I don't really make a big deal of it.

- I've been having this craving for milkshakes lately. I don't really understand it. But, I've had one from many different places in town, but nothing can compare to Culvers, which hasn't quite made it this far east. Those are SO good.

- I'm so glad it's finally starting to feel like spring. It's nice to go outside with no jacket on. The only problem is it's still chilly when I leave for campus, so I wear pants instead of shorts. And then when I leave, I'm really warm. I think I need to have a separate wardrobe for Walker Building.

- I don't know if this is just me, but sometimes when I'm looking at words, they seem not to be spelled right or just kind of look funny, even though they are correctly spelled. I'm thinking it's just me. Of course, if anyone else feels the same way, I'd really like to know I'm not alone.

- I skipped my second group meeting in two weeks. Damn. I'm so upset. (I apologize for the sarcasm dripping down your screen.) Seriously, I don't really care about them anymore. Ever since He-who-must-not-be-named (no, not Voldemort) basically said that my presentation wasn't up to snuff, I couldn't care less. In fact, I was intending on having him on my committee, but now, that's not going to happen. I'm sure Ray won't be thrilled, but I don't care. I've just about lost all respect for You-know-who (again, not Voldemort), and I don't think I could deal with having a committee member that I don't respect. So, that's just my theory on the whole thing. I suppose I'll have to talk to Ray about it soon, and I'm just going to be honest.

- It seems like all the undergraduates have so much energy when it's nice out. I tried to teach a little bit today (very little since it was another video day) and I couldn't get them to shut up. I even asked them if they could shut up, and some people laughed, while others just kept yammering away. But, I think they were relatively pleased having a video day, and it was short as well. Only about a half-hour. I can totally deal with that.

- Yesterday I had to mail some stuff, so as I left work, I walked to the mailbox on campus and then walked up to catch a bus to the BJC (after getting a shake at the Creamery). I was waiting there for some time when someone walked up to those of us that were waiting and told us that there had been an accident by the library and no traffic was getting through. To be honest, I was shocked! People in Pennsylvania are such good drivers! (Yeah, I'm sorry about the sarcasm dripping down your screen again.) I know that there are bad drivers in every state, but PA seems to have a lot of them.

- I just read an article about the Dixie Chicks and how the first single they released from the newest CD is called "Not Ready to Make Nice." This is in reference to the comment Natalie made about being ashamed to share a state with the President. I loved their music before that, and I loved them even more after that. And I'm thinking I'll be loving them even more with this new CD. But, what I find really sad is that a lot of stations refuse to play the single because they don't want to open old wounds. I, personally, didn't know there were old wounds. I thought they were still fresh. Anyway, I do like that they aren't backing away from what they said. And the fact that stations and people are refusing to listen to their music just shows how closed-minded some can be.

Well, I think that's about it for now. It's almost time for Gilmore Girls, and I should try to get some studying done, but we know that's not going to happen anymore tonight, don't we? Oh, well. The exam is still about a month away. The fact that I'm already studying surprised the hell out of me. And on that note, I'm off.

No comments: