Thursday, April 27, 2006

Pronunciation

I was looking at cnn.com this morning to see what was in the news and discovered this link. I was immediately drawn to it because I'm from Wisconsin. I tried to access missprouncer.com, but I kept getting an error page. But still, I thought it was kind of fun to read the article, even though I would hardly consider that front page material on a national news website. Back home, I'm sure it's one of the top news stories. Anyway, I just wanted to share this with anyone that reads my blog.

3 comments:

Steve said...

I think the reason the site isn't working is that, due to the article, so many people have visited the website that it's over its bandwidth limit for the month/week/day. Buying a domain usually includes fees for how much traffic can come across the site, and obviously this wasn't meant for thousands upon thousands of hits.

Anonymous said...

Those are some messed up words! I actually tried to pronounce them on my own and then read their pronounciation and realized that I sucked. Sadly, they still didn't give an reason why "Favre" is "FaRve" ... :)

John said...

Steve: Yeah, I'm sure that the person who made that site didn't expect it to be on the CNN frontpage. Maybe they'll get more bandwidth. :)

Karen: Sometimes it does seem like Wisconsinites have their own little language. I've been told I sound Canadian. I don't know why, though. And I'm still a little confused by the pronunciation of Brett's name. But, I've lived with it for so long, I've taken it for granted. At least he's still gonna be a Packer this season!! :)