Thursday, March 06, 2008

Sad Day for Green Bay Packer Fans

I know I'm a little late in blogging about this. I can't help it that by the time I get home I really don't want to spend a lot more time in front of a computer.

Anyway, the news broke on Tuesday that Brett Favre is retiring. It is quite sad, but yet, like my mom said, it's better that he's walking off the field than being hauled off on a stretcher. Plus, it's his decision, and I can't blame him for hanging up his helmet now. He's given us many, many great seasons of football.

Now two questions remain. First, what will become of the Packers now? I think Aaron Rodgers can prove himself, but I fear that this may be another rebuilding season for the team.

Second, what will Brett do with his time? I'm hoping that he doesn't become a talking head on one of the varied pre-game shows. I'm actually thinking that he'll take up coaching. I can't see him completely separating himself from the game. He enjoys it way too much.

So now we wait. It'll only be a few more months before football starts really getting into gear, and we'll be able to see what happens post-Favre.

No comments: