Thursday, November 17, 2005

Test Results

Last Friday I had an MRI taken of my brain. My doctor at Ritenour wanted to be safe and check everything now that he knows about the tests I'm having done on my eye tomorrow. He just wants to make sure that my headaches are really just tension headaches and not caused by something bigger and badder.

Anyway, I called Ritenour today to get the results, and the nurse I spoke to told me them. However, there was a whole bunch of medical jargon that I probably couldn't repeat now if I tried. The only word she said from my results was sinusitis. That make sense to me since I had a cold last week when I had the MRI done. All the other words were medical, so now I'm paranoid that it's something bad in my brain. I mean, all medical words sound big and scary. The nurse didn't even really understand them. So, now I'm waiting for them to call back and tell me in simplicity what exactly the MRI found. It's very nervewracking, and I'm also having a hard time concentrating on what I should be doing, that is, getting my lab report done since it's due today. I wish she would just call back and tell me the news, good or bad. That way I can get on with my life and not sit here staring at my cell phone waiting for it to ring.

Well, I suppose I should get going and continue editing my lab report. It's due at 2:30, so I still have some time. I just need to not think about what might or might not be wrong with me, besides being slightly abnormal, that is.

3 comments:

Steve said...

FYI, if it was something bad, they would not have told you anything. They would have insisted you come into the office for a follow-up and would not have reported anything else at all. So, do not worry.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with the above ... if there was something flagged as horribly bad, they would want to see you right away. I know doctors can be asses, but they're not completely wretched :)

Try to not think about it and have a great break with your fam :)

John said...

Thanks Steve and Karen! It turned out to not be too bad at all. I'll probably post about it in my next entry. :)