Tuesday, November 01, 2005

November already?!

I can't believe it's November already. It hardly seems possible. Time is just flying by, which is nie in some ways and kind of scary in others. This month is probably going to go incredibly fast, at least at the rate it's filling up with appointments and such. This Friday I have my first appointment with a psychiatrist to see if there are any meds that will work to a) help lessen my headaches a bit more and b) keep my mood a bit brighter. So, we'll see. Unfortunately, he's not fully covered by my insurance (stupid MEGA), so it may be that I go to him sparingly.

Since I have that appointment on Friday anyway, I'm also taking my car in for an oil change, since it's not going to be too long from now that I'll be driving home to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving. Plus, on Saturday I'm driving to Greensburg to see Ingrid, at least I think that's still the plan. I haven't heard back from her yet. Hopefully I'll hear back soon.

Let's see, other appointments in November. Next Monday I go back to Ritenour to see the doctor I've been seeing about my headaches. Yay. They are a bit more transient of late, so that should be good news. However, I'm not sure if they are actually going away, or just lessening enough so that I focus through them. Most of the time if I have something that really needs my full attention, I don't notice my headaches so much. I'm hoping that means they're going away. But I do have a high tolerance for pain, so it may just be that too. We'll see on Monday.

Then on the 18th I go to Johnstown to get my eye tested yet again. But, still, it'll be nice to have Mom and Bree here to drive me there and just support me in general. I'm still seeing how it might work out if they fly here one way and then I leave earlier than I was planning on to go home for Thanksgiving. I need to look further into that.

So, basically the next three weeks are going to be busy for various reasons. Then I get approximately a week off for Thanksgiving, and then it's two hell weeks before finals. Luckily I only have one final, so that won't be too bad, except for the fact that it's at 8am. We all know how much I love mornings. (Sorry for the sarcasm dripping down your screens at the moment.) But I'll make it through.... with lots of caffeine.

Greensburg should be fun this weekend. Ingrid and I are celebrating my birthday a little early by going out to eat, probably doing a mall crawl, and seeing "Prime" somewhere in between there as well. That looks like a hilarious movie. I'm just hoping it lives up to its previews. So, that's something to look forward to.

It seems like practically every tv show I watch is on a mini-hiatus this week. Most of the time I've been watching repeats of shows. This is because sweeps officially start next month, and every show is saving its best stuff for then. It kind of sucks, but a lot of the shows I watch are well-written enough to warrant watching them a second time through. Especially Gilmore Girls. It was a repeat of the season premiere tonight. Very funny episode. There are so many quotable lines from that episode alone. I swear I could watch any episode of that show over and over again.

I also watched the rerun of Supernatural tonight. It was set in Lake Manitoc, WI. Now, that's not a real place, mind you. However, the first time I saw this episode, I noticed the setting as was kind of surprised. See, the spelling of the town is very close to my hometown, Manitowoc. So, after the episode I googled it, because I thought it was more than just a coincidence. It turns out that one of the writers or someone behind the scenes on the show is from the Manitowoc/Two Rivers area. I thought that was pretty exciting. Even some of the landmarks mentioned in the show are based on real places in the area. I think it's pretty cool. It's kind of like being from a famous place, sort of. The only other thing that that area is known for is that it was the birthplace of the ice cream sundae, which is also kind of cool. Technically that was Two Rivers, but that's where I grew up until my family moved when I was in college. Yeah, it's kind of random, but still interesting.

So, I think that's about it. I should probably go to bed fairly soon. Today I felt like a walking zombie. I just can't seem to find the right amount of time I need to sleep in order to feel refreshed in the morning. Maybe I'm just not getting restful enough sleep. I just don't know. Of course now that I'm thinking of going to bed, I'm getting a second wind. What can I say? My body is weird.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. And in case anyone cares, there are eight days till my birthday. It's not like I'm turning a special age or anything, but it's still nice to celebrate them and now I've made it fairly successfully through another year in my life. So, with that, I'm off.

No comments: