Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Thank You Captain Obvious

So, I got an email this morning from one of the secretaries in the meteo department. I'm going to quote it here:

"I have been notified by OPP that we are having heating problems in the building and they have been working on it for several days. They are unable to control the temperature to keep the building comfortable. They are working on it so hopefully it will be fixed soon."

This is one of the most blatent stating-the-obvious moments that I've seen in quite a while. Anyone who's been in Walker Building at any time this week has realized how incredibly hot it is here. I swear this building is falling apart, what with the fire alarms that go off at completely random times, the elevators occasionally getting stuck, and the heating and cooling system that only works every so often. OK, so maybe the building itself isn't falling apart, but all the "conveniences" in it are.

Alright, I'm done now. This was just one of those moments that I thought were blog-worthy.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Captain Obvious and Sergeant Slowpoke Unite!

They've been working on it for several days? And they can't turn the heat off? Gosh, it reminds me of road construction here in NY. Takes forever, and once they fix it, it's time to replace everything again.

Then there's my apartment... We have no control over the heat,it's getting chilly out, and they haven't cranked the heat yet. Brr!

John said...

Yeah, well before this week, it was always quite chilly in our office, and pretty much throughout the building. So, it's not incredibly surprising that they're working on fixing the heat. It pretty much happens every year.

Too bad about your apartment. I can't stand not being able to control the temperature of my apartment, which is why I'm so happy with the one I have finally. The real test will be in winter, though. :)