Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Sunrise, Swimming, and other things

Well, today was another day where I had to get up before the crack of dawn. It gets really sickening after a while. I'm so not a morning person. And then there's the fact that I never really see sunrise. This is State College after all. Half the time, the only way to tell the difference between day and night is to see if the sky is black or gray.

This afternoon I had a therapy session, which continues to seem really helpful. I get to talk about my feelings to someone in State College that will actually listen to what I have to say. Plus, I have so much stuff that I need to work through that it will probably take many years to work through and heal. I always knew that by the time I was 25 that I'd need to see a therapist. I didn't think I'd have had as many different therapists as I have had. It doesn't help that I keep moving. But all in all, it's very good for me. I really need to start healing.

After therapy I went swimming, which is always nice. Today is the first day this week where the pool wasn't busy and no one decided to just hop in my lane without warning me first. I even swam an extra hundred yards today because I had some extra time. So, that brings today's total to 1000 yards, and this week I've swum 2800 yards. Not bad if you ask me. Although in high school I used to swim 3500 yards a night. I don't think I'll do that anytime soon, but at least I'm working my way up.

Tonight I've just been kinda lounging around, maybe I'll do some work eventually. I'm not sure if I'll grade or read some stuff for my oceans seminar. We'll see. Hopefully I can cool my room down a bit before bed, though. I got back this afternoon and it was 80F, so I opened my window, and somehow it rose to be 84F. I'm not quite sure how that can possible happen, especially with the window open. Now I have my fan blowing near the window, so hopefully that will help to cool things off.

Anyway, I should really attempt to work up some motivation to do something. And then, of course, I'll be watching Alias. :) So, here goes nothing!

No comments: