Monday, February 21, 2005

Another Monday

Well, you'd think I'd have enough time on the weekends to actually post something, but apparently I don't. This weekend actually did get busy very quickly. First of all, my advisor decided to remind me about a summer research program where I could get some extra funds for summer on Friday. That's all well and good, but not incredibly helpful when the application was due today. So, that took up a good chunk of my weekend.

I also was at the BJC both days this weekend for different events. There was a dual mens/womens gymnastics meet on Saturday there, because Rec Hall was taken up by the Thon dancers. That was a good time, and not only because there was some nice eye candy out performing. I've always enjoyed watching gymnastics, probably because I wanted to be a gymnast when I was growing up. Unfortunately in small town Wisconsin, gymnastics wasn't really an option, especially for a young boy. Heaven forbid a boy wanted to do something that wasn't all that masculine, like football or baseball. Anyway, both teams won the meet, and some members of both teams gave some really spectacular performances.

Then on Sunday was the last home Lady Lions basketball game. That was also a very good game. The women looked very good, as they usually do at home. If they could only look that good on the road.... And of course, when the student section doesn't have Jen Harris to root for, she has a stellar day, scoring loads of points. But it was definitely a great game. Great crowd, too. And someone on Northwestern's team got fouled out. I always enjoy it when someone on the other team fouls out.

Today was a long day, as usual for Mondays. I'm telling you, this getting up early stuff is for the birds. Plus I was busy trying to get my application for this grant ready, and reading the articles I needed to for class. And with the snow and the ice last night, cleaning off my car was loads of fun. The brush part didn't do a damn thing, so I ended up using the scraper to make a hole and then pushing off the snow with my arms. It must have been quite the sight.

Surprisingly today, I'm not feeling as down as I usually do. I'm not sure why that is, but I'll take it. I am, however, extremely tired, so I'm off to bed. At least I don't have to get up as early tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Megan said...

hey what part of wi are you from?? meganegokey is my blog