Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Groundhog Day

Well, today was Groundhog Day and Phil saw his shadow, so there are going to be six more weeks of winter. What I don't get is why this is so important. It seems like all frivolous stuff to me. I mean, technically, no matter what, according to the calendar there are going to be six more weeks of winter anyway. That's just a random rant for today.

Other than that, today was a really good day. It was a short day on campus, which is always nice. After therapy, I went to Altoona to see my very best friend Ingrid. It's always fun when we get together. We've been close since our undergrad days, being two of the three total real math majors in our graduating class. It also helps that we watch similar TV shows and have very similar senses of humor.

All we really did today was stroll around the mall. In fact our first lap around the first floor, we just kind of chatted and walked not really paying attention to what stores we want to go in. We did eventually do a little window shopping, and then went to eat at Applebee's. All the while, we talked about nothing in particular and everything in general. It was nice, since I don't really get to do that all that often anymore. Most conversations I have with people are very short, so to just have a long conversation was really great.

My drive back from Altoona was less than eventful. I swear from the time I got off I99 until I got to my parking lot, I was consistently stuck behind people who refused to go more than five miles under the speed limit. It was very annoying, but there was really nothing I could do about it. Just another random rant, I guess.

Well, I suppose I don't have too much more to say, so I'll sign off for now. I may even go to bed kind of early. We'll see what happens.

No comments: