Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Discoveries

In the past couple days, I've discovered some stuff. First of all, yesterday, the 422 kids had an exam during the lab period. During the exam, I discovered that I really like being on the giving side of an exam, than on the taking side. It's so much less stressful, plus, I like being able to help people while they are taking the exam. This makes me want to be a teacher even more.

Also, since I've started therapy, I've discovered a lot of things about me. I've discovered that I have a very acute, and maybe too sensitive, radar directed toward things that hurt me. Any little thing, even things that other people think wouldn't hurt me, usually do. It gets really annoying sometimes, and the only reason I pick up on these things more than other people do is because I've been put through so much pain in my life. Not physical pain, mind you, but emotional. It's like this big gaping fresh wound. And no matter how hard I try to keep it covered, people tend to find a way to, to keep this analogy going, rip off the bandage, and tear into the wound, pour salt in the wound, or anything else that can happen to a wound.

At least in therapy, I'm working through things. Today was quite painful, which is not entirely surprising. I even started to break down a bit. But then the session was over. Then afterwards I had a little help feeling better from a couple of guys named Ben & Jerry. Granted, it was only a temporary upper, but the sugar rush was nice. Then I rode the bus to my car, came home, and laid down for a little while around 3:30 because I had a headache. The next thing I knew, it was 5:00. Amazing how one can just fall asleep so quickly. I wish I could do that at night.

And now, just to prove that this blog isn't going to be only about depressing things in my life, I'm leaving on this note. On my bus ride to the car, some guy sat next to me for a few stops. When his stop came up, he asked me if I could pull the thing. I knew he meant to pull the cord to signal a stop, but my mind went straight to the gutter. :) And with that, I'm off to watch the rest of Alias and find something else to do before I go to bed.

No comments: