Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I can't think of a title today....

Today started off being not the greatest but is starting to look up. Getting up this morning was no small feat for me. I couldn't get to sleep last night, until at least midnight. Then 6am come really quickly after that. So, I wasn't really in a pleasant mood this morning. But I went to class, and was fairly productive while I was in the office, which is always a good feeling.

Then I went to therapy, which went pretty well. It was actually nice today to leave therapy without feeling like drowning myself in ice cream. I'm slowly starting to work some stuff out in regards to my personal life and everything else going on my life. I'm glad I finally got myself to go to therapy. It's definitely helpful, especially in realizing what I need to do to keep myself from going completely psychotic.

After therapy, I headed to Irving's to meet a guy I had chatted with online recently. He's a very nice fellow: a grad student in geology. Quite nice, a little softspoken, but very friendly. We only got to chat for a half hour, though, which was kind of sad, because the time just flew by while we chatted. I think at the very least, I've made a new friend, which is something I could use a lot more of. It's good to get together with new people and discover common interests. What's also nice about him is that he's Irish. I don't know what it is about Irish and British accents, but they're so pleasant on the ears. I'm very glad I struck up a conversation with him online, especially since he seems rather normal, unlike a good percentage of the crowd that's online.

So, today is definitely looking up. An added bonus is that Wednesdays are my days to cut out of the office early. I still have some work to do here, though, but not as much as I had originally thought I would have to do.

Later tonight I may go back to campus for a bit. There is a talk being presented on the recent tsunami that sounds interesting. It can't hurt to go and listen in, just for the extra added knowledge. Plus I've always been interested in earthquakes, so it should hopefully be worth my while. I'm always a little leery, though, sometimes titles of talks sound interesting, but end up being incredibly boring.

Well, with that, I'm off to finish up a little work, then maybe eat something, and see what goes on for the rest of the night.

No comments: